Legislative Alert - Budget Vote - Veterans Home Funding

Check here for news from the Council
boardman
Site Admin
VVA Chapter: 47

Legislative Alert - Budget Vote - Veterans Home Funding

#1 Postby boardman » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:25 pm

Veterans Alert: Democrats and the Governor have moved to delay the opening of the Redding and Fresno Veterans Home for one full year to save $20 million in the state budget. This is even though there is an expected increase in state revenue of $4 billion. This will be voted on this afternoon (the state budget bills are SB 87 and AB 110) beginning at 4:00 pm.

Call your legislator and urge a “no” vote.

Pete Conaty
Pete Conaty & Associates
1107 9th Street, Suite 530
Sacramento, CA 95814
916-492-0550
916-492-8957 fax
916-768-8940-cell
www.peteconaty.com

Redding Veterans Home in Crisis

To ALL,

There is more to come on this. If you have any credible information on this please keep me in the loop. I spoke to Frank Williams on this and he said he had just left a meeting and was NOT informed of this. I also talked to MOJO and he had also received a call from Jim.

John

Letter to the Editor,

I just received a call from Assemblyman Nielsen that the State was voting on a Budget this afternoon.

It is his understanding that the State of CA is going to balance the State Budget on the backs of the elderly and disable American Veteran Heroes and delay the opening of the Redding Veterans Home by one year.

Senator Johannessen was contacted and he stated that doing this would NOT help in anyway save money or benefit the State Budget crisis.

Assemblyman Nielsen stated he would vote against this measure and said the fight is not over. He was very emotional on this issue and stated that it was despicable that the Democrates would punish the Veterans who are "A" Political to get back at the Republicans because they would not cooperate with them on their budget solutions.

John E. Cleckner Sr.
USA SF Retired
3560 Dwayne Court
Redding, CA 96001
(530) 243-2100
Tom
Boardman & Webmaster
"See You On The Other Side"
8)

Return to “News From the Council”