Message Board Registration - Please Read!

Check here for news from the Council
boardman
Site Admin
VVA Chapter: 47

Message Board Registration - Please Read!

#1 Postby boardman » Tue May 08, 2007 12:36 pm

Due to spammers, only registered members can post to these boards. And, for the same reason, I have to approve all registrations. It is hard to make the call on some (others it's very easy), so I am asking all CA VVA members (and family and friends) to leave something in your registration that indicates your involvement with CA VVA. Like in your signature box, put your name/chapter; something so I can identify you. I almost deleted one person today, thankfully I tried to send them mail and found out it was someone in my address book and a CA VVA member.

Sorry for the hassle, but unless you want to read the crap that will be posted without these efforts....well you get the idea. <g>

Thanks for understanding... Tom Hohmann - Webmaster

boardman
Site Admin
VVA Chapter: 47

Re: Message Board Registration - Please Read!

#2 Postby boardman » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:40 am

Great News! The new board software makes it more difficult for the spammers to use "bots" to register phony accounts. That gives me more time to devote to posting VVA & veteran information to these boards, and also to the council's web site. But, still, only registered users can post to the boards and I will still authorize after registration; so please leave something identifying you as connected to VVA or veteran issues. It will help keep the boards a better place to find information.

I just wish more of the VVA members would use the boards and post their chapter news, etc. It's here for your use.

In Service To America,
Tom
Boardman & Webmaster
"See You On The Other Side"
8)

Return to “News From the Council”