Gov. Schwarzenegger Issues Statements On Deaths...

News from the California Department of Veterans Affairs "News For Veterans."
boardman
Site Admin
VVA Chapter: 47

Gov. Schwarzenegger Issues Statements On Deaths...

#1 Postby boardman » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:15 pm

NEWS FROM THE CALIFORNIA GOVERNOR’S OFFICE

January 8, 2007

GOVERNOR SCHWARZENEGGER ISSUES STATEMENT ON DEATH OF SOUTH GATE SOLDIER: SPC. LUIS G. AYALA

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger today released the following statement regarding the death of Spc. Luis G. Ayala of South Gate, CA:

“Every time we lose a member of our armed forces we are reminded of the courageous service and sacrifices that our servicemen and women make for our country and our freedoms.  Maria and I send our condolences to Luis’ family and friends.  He will be remembered for his commitment to bravely defending this nation.”

Ayala, 21, died Dec. 28 as a result of injuries sustained when an improvised explosive device detonated near his unit while on combat patrol in Taji, Iraq.  He was assigned to the 2nd Squadron, 8th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division, Fort Hood, TX.

In honor of Spc. Ayala, Capitol flags will be flown at half-staff.

January 11, 2007

GOVERNOR SCHWARZENEGGER ISSUES STATEMENT ON DEATH OF MIRAMAR MARINE: SGT. ARON C. BLUM

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger today released the following statement regarding the death of Sgt. Aron C. Blum of Tucson, AZ:

“The members of the United States armed forces courageously risk their lives to protect our freedoms and preserve the peace.  Sgt. Blum risked his life to safeguard our freedoms and we will remain forever indebted to him.  Maria and I offer our condolences to Aron’s loved ones and our thoughts and prayers are with them.”

Blum, 22, died Dec. 28 at Naval Medical Center, San Diego as a result of non-hostile injuries sustained in Al Anbar Province, Iraq on Dec. 8.  He was assigned to Marine Aerial Refueler Transport Squadron 352, Marine Aircraft Group 11, 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Marine Corps Air Station Miramar, CA.

In honor of Sgt. Blum, Capitol flags will be flown at half-staff.

January 11, 2007

GOVERNOR SCHWARZENEGGER ISSUES STATEMENT ON DEATH OF CATHEDRAL CITY SOLDIER: PFC. MING SUN

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger today released the following statement regarding the death of Pfc. Ming Sun of Cathedral City, CA:

“Pfc. Sun showed extraordinary courage in serving his fellow Americans at home and abroad.  Maria and I send our condolences to Ming’s family and pray for their comfort during this difficult time.  His courageous example will live on in our hearts.”

Sun, 20, died Jan. 9 as a result of injuries sustained during combat operations when he came under enemy forces using small arms fire in Ar Ramadi, Iraq.  He was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 9th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 2nd Infantry Division, Fort Carson, CO.

In honor of Pfc. Sun, Capitol flags will be flown at half-staff.

January 30, 2007

GOV. SCHWARZENEGGER ISSUES STATEMENT ON DEATH OF HAYWARD SOLDIER

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger today released the following statement regarding the death of Pvc. Michael C. Balsley of Hayward, CA:

"Pvc. Balsley's dedication and brave obedience to civic duty has protected the lives of his fellow Americans.  Maria and I join with all Californians in offering our condolences to Michael's family, friends and fellow soldiers as they mourn his loss.  His honorable sacrifice will not be forgotten."

Balsley, 23, died Jan. 25 as a result of injuries sustained when an improvised explosive device detonated near his vehicle during combat operations in Baghdad, Iraq.  He was assigned to the 3rd Squadron, 61st Cavalry Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 2nd Infantry Division, Fort Carson, CO.

In honor of Pvc. Balsley, Capitol flags will be flown at half-staff.

January 30, 2007

GOV. SCHWARZENEGGER ISSUES STATEMENT ON DEATH OF TEMECULA SOLDIER

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger today released the following statement regarding the death of Capt. Brian S. Freeman of Temecula, CA:

"Capt. Freeman fulfilled a tremendous duty in serving and protecting our country here and abroad.  Maria and I offer our sympathies to Brian's family and friends.  His loss is a painful reminder of the sacrifices our servicemen and women make for our freedoms."

Freeman, 31, died Jan. 20 as a result of wounds received when his meeting area came under attack by mortar and small arms fire in Karbala, Iraq.  He was assigned to the 412th Civil Affairs Battalion, Whitehall, OH.

In honor of Capt. Freeman, Capitol flags will be flown at half-staff.

January 29, 2007

GOV. SCHWARZENEGGER ISSUES STATEMENT ON DEATH OF VISTA SOLDIER

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger today released the following statement regarding the death of Spc. Jeffrey D. Bisson of Vista, CA:

"Spc. Bisson made the ultimate sacrifice in serving our country and valiantly preserved the freedoms that we treasure.  Maria and I offer our sincere condolences to Jeffrey's loved ones.  We will keep them in our thoughts and prayers as they endure this painful loss."

Bisson, 22, died Jan. 20 as a result of injuries sustained when an improvised explosive device detonated near his Humvee in Karma, Iraq.  He was assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 509th Infantry (Airborne), 4th Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division, Fort Richardson, AK.

In honor of Spc. Bisson, Capitol flags will be flown at half-staff

January 29, 2007

GOV. SCHWARZENEGGER ISSUES STATEMENT ON DEATH OF TWO CAMP PENDLETON MARINES

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger today released the following statement regarding the deaths of Lance Cpl. Andrew G. Matus of Chetek, WI and Lance Cpl. Emilian D. Sanchez of Santa Ana Pueblo, NM:

"The men and women of our nation's armed forces bravely defend us with unsurpassed honor and courage.  Lance Cpl. Matus and Lance Cpl. Sanchez willingly risked their lives to protect us and our freedoms.  Maria and I offer our condolences to Andrew's family and Emilian's family and we will pray for their comfort during this difficult time."

Matus, 19, and Sanchez, 20, died Jan. 21 as a result of wounds received while conducting combat operations in Al Anbar Province, Iraq.  They were assigned to Battalion Landing Team, 2nd Battalion, 4th Marine Regiment, 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit (Special Operations Capable), I Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Pendleton, CA.

In honor of Lance Cpl. Matus and Lance Cpl. Sanchez, Capitol flags will be flown at half-staff.

January 30, 2007

GOV. SCHWARZENEGGER ISSUES STATEMENT ON DEATH OF HAYWARD SOLDIER: PFC. MICHAEL C. BALSLEY

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger today released the following statement regarding the death of Pfc. Michael C. Balsley of Hayward, CA:

“Pfc. Balsley’s dedication and brave obedience to civic duty has protected the lives of his fellow Americans.  Maria and I join with all Californians in offering our condolences to Michael’s family, friends and fellow soldiers as they mourn his loss.  His honorable sacrifice will not be forgotten.”

Balsley, 23, died Jan. 25 as a result of injuries sustained when an improvised explosive device detonated near his vehicle during combat operations in Baghdad, Iraq.  He was assigned to the 3rd Squadron, 61st Cavalry Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 2nd Infantry Division, Fort Carson, CO.

In honor of Pfc. Balsley, Capitol flags will be flown at half-staff.

California Department of Veterans Affairs

Veterans News

Jerry Jones
Jaime Arteaga
Legislation and Public Affairs
916-653-2192
Fax 916-653-2611
February 2, 2007

Tom
Boardman & Webmaster
"See You On The Other Side"
8)