CalVet Secretary Gravett Retiring

News from the California Department of Veterans Affairs "News For Veterans."
boardman
Site Admin
VVA Chapter: 47

CalVet Secretary Gravett Retiring

#1 Postby boardman » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:33 pm

CalVet News -- Secretary Gravett
Below is a message from CalVet Secretary Peter J. Gravett. Please share this message with the Commanders Veterans Council.

Dear CalVet Partners:

With each new year brings new opportunities. 2015 brings continuing opportunities for the CalVet team to serve the veterans in our great State of California. I want to take this opportunity to thank all of our CalVet partners who have worked so tirelessly for our California Veterans. The efforts of our partners, the County Veterans Services Offices, the Veteran Service Organizations, the non-profit Veteran Service Agencies and community based organizations have made 2014 a very successful year. Thank you for all your efforts and please continue your great work on behalf of veterans this year and beyond.

With that said, it is with mixed emotions that I am announcing today that I am retiring at the end of this month. My work these past four years could not have been more gratifying. After serving more than 40 years in the military, on active duty and as a reservist, the Governor provided me with the opportunity to continue my service in his Cabinet and it has been one of the most rewarding things I have ever done.

In my view, California has some of the best veteran advocates and organizations in the country and it has been my honor to work with you these past four years. I am making a commitment to you that as a private citizen, I will continue to stand with you and advocate on behalf of veterans in this state. I wish all of you well and please continue the great job that you do in serving veterans every day.

Sincerely,

Peter J. Gravett
Major General (Retired)
Secretary
California Department of Veteran Affairs
Member of the Governor’s Cabinet
Tom
Boardman & Webmaster
"See You On The Other Side"
8)

Return to “News For Veterans”