CA Central Coast Vet Cemetery Breaks Ground

News from the California Department of Veterans Affairs "News For Veterans."
boardman
Site Admin
VVA Chapter: 47

CA Central Coast Vet Cemetery Breaks Ground

#1 Postby boardman » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:31 am

Community Breaks Ground at California Central Coast Veterans Cemetery

Sacramento – Today, the California Department of Veterans Affairs (CalVet), the Fort Ord Reuse Authority, the County of Monterey, and the City of Seaside break ground on the California Central Coast Veterans Cemetery (CCCVC) in Seaside, California. The site covers more than 78 acres on the former Fort Ord Army post and provides a final resting place and lasting tribute for Veterans and spouses who served to preserve our freedoms. The location memorializes the Monterey Bay area’s rich military history.

“Establishing our new Veterans cemetery has been the mission of highly dedicated Veterans and family members in the community for nearly 25 years,” said CalVet’s Keith Boylan, Deputy Secretary, Veterans Services Division. “Today, we move one giant step closer toward making their dream a reality.”

Construction is made possible by a $6.8 million grant to CalVet by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. In February 2015, Phase I initial construction preparation began at the beautiful location designed to provide a place of final rest for Veterans and their spouses. Phase I will include the construction of the main entrance, roads, an assembly area, a committal shelter, columbaria, 5,000 columbarium niches, landscaping, a memorial walkway, and supporting infrastructure for 17 acres. Phase I has an anticipated completion date of July 2016.

To help determine if you and your spouse are eligible for burial in a Veterans cemetery, please visit https://www.calvet.ca.gov/VetServices/P ... rials.aspx.
If you would like to receive CCCVC burial updates, visit the CCVC Foundation web site at www.ccvcf.com or call 831-218-7180.
Tom
Boardman & Webmaster
"See You On The Other Side"
8)

Return to “News For Veterans”