Gov. Schwarzenegger Issues Statements On Deaths...

News from the California Department of Veterans Affairs "News For Veterans."
boardman
Site Admin
VVA Chapter: 47

Gov. Schwarzenegger Issues Statements On Deaths...

#1 Postby boardman » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:07 am

NEWS FROM THE CALIFORNIA GOVERNOR’S OFFICE

December 27, 2006

GOVERNOR SCHWARZENEGGER ISSUES STATEMENT ON DEATH OF CAMP PENDLETON MARINE

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger today released the following statement regarding the death of Capt. Kevin M. Kryst of West Bend, WI:

"Capt. Kryst's bravery is a shining example of the determination and courage that makes our nation's armed forces strong.  Kevin's loved ones have lost a devoted family member and our country has lost a courageous Marine.  Maria and I extend our heartfelt sympathies to his family, friends and fellow Marines who mourn his loss."

Kryst, 27, died Dec. 18 as a result of wounds received while conducting combat operations in Al Anbar Province, Iraq.  He was assigned to Marine Light-Attack Helicopter Squadron 267, Marine Aircraft Group 39, 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Pendleton, CA.

In honor of Capt. Kryst, Capitol flags will be flown at half-staff.

December 28, 2006

GOVERNOR SCHWARZENEGGER ISSUES STATEMENT ON DEATH OF TWENTYNINE PALMS SAILOR

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger today released the following statement regarding the death of Hospitalman Kyle A. Nolen of Ennis, TX:

"Hospitalman Nolen's bravery, commitment to duty and devotion to our country reflects his noble character.  Maria and I extend our deepest condolences to Kyle's family and pray for their solace during their time of mourning.  His humble sacrifice for this nation will not be forgotten."

Nolan, 21, died Dec. 21 as a result of injuries sustained from enemy action in Al Anbar Province, Iraq.  He was assigned to H Company, 3rd Battalion, 4th Marine Division, Regimental Combat Team 7, I Marine Expeditionary Force Forward, Twentynine Palms, CA.

In honor of Hospitalman Nolen, Capitol flags will be flown at half-staff.

December 28, 2006

GOVERNOR SCHWARZENEGGER ISSUES STATEMENT ON DEATH OF TWENTYNINE PALMS MARINE

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger today released the following statement regarding the death of Lance Cpl. Ryan J. Burgess of Sanford, MI:

"Maria and I have the strongest admiration for the men and women of our armed forces as they put their liveson the line to protect us and our freedoms.  We send our prayers to Ryan's family and pray for their comfort as they mourn his loss."

Burgess, 21, died Dec. 21 as a result of injuries sustained while conducting combat operations in Al Anbar Province, Iraq.  He was assigned to 3rd Battalion, 4th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Twentynine Palms, CA.

In honor of Lance Cpl. Burgess, Capitol flags will be flown at half-staff.

December 29, 2006

GOVERNOR SCHWARZENEGGER ISSUES STATEMENT ON DEATH OF FONTANA MARINE

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger today released the following statement regarding the death of Lance Cpl. Fernando S. Tamayo of Fontana, CA:

"Maria and I have the strongest admiration for the men and women of our nation's armed forces and the risksthat they willingly take to preserve our freedoms.  Lance Cpl. Tamayo bravely assumed those risks and gave the ultimate sacrifice for our protection.  We send our thoughts and prayers to his loved ones."

Tamayo, 19, died Dec. 21 as a result of injuries sustained while conducting combat operations in Al Anbar Province, Iraq.  He was assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 4th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Twentynine Palms, CA.

In honor of Lance Cpl. Tamayo, Capitol flags will be flown at half-staff.

December 29, 2006

GOVERNOR SCHWARZENEGGER ISSUES STATEMENT ON DEATH OF GLENDORA SOLDIER

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger today released the following statement regarding the death of Spc. Elias Elias of Glendora, CA:

"Spc. Elias stood proudly beside his fellow soldiers and served with fortitude.  Maria and I want to send our sympathies to Elias' family members.  We join all Californians in thanking them for raising an individual whose sense of duty and honor has made our world a safer place."

Elias, 27, died Dec. 23 as a result of injuries sustained when an improvised explosive device detonated near his vehicle while on patrol in Baghdad, Iraq.  He was assigned to the 3rd Squadron, 61st Cavalry Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 2nd Infantry Division, Fort Carson, CO.

In honor of Spc. Elias, Capitol flags will be flown at half-staff.

January 2, 2007

GOVERNOR SCHWARZENEGGER ISSUES STATEMENT ON DEATH OF RANCHO CUCAMONGA SOLDIER

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger today released the following statement regarding the death of Sgt. Lawrence J. Carter of Rancho Cucamonga, CA:

"Maria and I are deeply saddened by the grave news of Sgt. Carter's death.  Lawrence courageously fought and died for our country and we will remain forever grateful for his service and sacrifice.  Our thoughts and prayers are with his loved ones during this difficult time."

Carter, 25, died Dec. 29th as a result of injuries sustained when an improvised explosive device detonated near his vehicle during combat operations in Baghdad, Iraq.  He was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 18th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Division, Schweinfurt, Germany.

In honor of Sgt. Carter, Capitol flags will be flown at half-staff.

January 2, 2007

GOVERNOR SCHWARZENEGGER ISSUES STATEMENT ON DEATH OF STOCKTON SOLDIER

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger today released the following statement regarding the death of Spc. Michael J. Crutchfield of Stockton, CA:

"As a member of the United States Army, Spc. Crutchfield willingly risked his life to protect our country abroad.  Our heart goes out to Michael's family as they endure the extraordinary loss of a cherished loved one.  Maria and I will keep them in our prayers."

Crutchfield, 21, died Dec. 23 as a result of non-combat related injury.  He was assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 4th Air Defense Artillery Regiment, Fort Bragg, NC.

In honor of Spc. Crutchfield, Capitol flags will be flown at half-staff.

California Department of Veterans Affairs

Veterans News

Jerry Jones
Jaime Arteaga
Legislation and Public Affairs
916-653-2192
Fax 916-653-2611
January 5, 2007

Tom
Boardman & Webmaster
"See You On The Other Side"
8)