VVA 47 Member Bob Markham Passes - Services Held

Post your chapter's newsletters, events and information here. Or send it to boardman@vvacalsc.com and it will get posted here.
boardman
Site Admin
VVA Chapter: 47

VVA 47 Member Bob Markham Passes - Services Held

#1 Postby boardman » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:19 pm

I just want to thank the staff at Riverside National Cemetery. Today, 3-10-10, my friend and Chapter 47 member, Bob Markham was laid to rest at RNC. Bob was the best at honoring the Veterans of this great country of ours.

Every Saturday for the last 8-9 years Bob would drive to Riverside National Cemetery, place American Flags on the grave of his wife and all the Soldiers who were KIA from the Iraq and Afgan wars who were buried at RNC. He also included Melissa Barnes who was KIA in the attack on the Pentagon in 2001. Every memorial day and Veterans Day Bob would place 1500-2000 flags on graves of Veterans at RNC.

Bob also attended the 3rd Wednesday services for those buried at the cemetery without any services. Bob was a very outspoken man. He sometimes disagreed with the RNC staff about their stance on the flags he was placing at RNC. He would let the RNC staff know what he thought, sometimes not to politely.

Before Bob's death he had requested to have his service at RNC take place at shelter "G". The staff at RNC honored Bob's wish and his service took place at shelter "G". Also Several of RNC's staff attended the service for Bob. Gill Gallo, Jim Ruester and a staff member that I did not know were there.

Thank You RNC Staff.

Steve Mackey
Vietnam Veterans of America
President, Chapter 47
Tom
Boardman & Webmaster
"See You On The Other Side"
8)

Return to “CSC Chapter News”